Sedation/IV Anesthesia Patients
- It is essential that you do not eat any solid food or have any dairy products for 6 hours before your scheduled appointment.
- You may continue to drink clear liquids up to 2 hours before your procedure.
- Clear liquids include water, coffee, tea, carbonated beverages, and juices without pulp. You may not drink milk or have any cream in your coffee.
- Do not use marijuana for 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office; he or she must remain in the office during the procedure and drive you home. We cannot begin IV anesthesia if your ride is not here.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing with a loose neckline and sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow. Choose well-fitting, low-heeled shoes. No sandals, clogs, high heels, flip-flops, etc.
- Minor children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Remove contact lenses and nail polish before your surgery.
- Remove all tongue rings/bars.
- Bring a current list of all prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or stomach or bowel upset, please notify us prior to coming to your appointment.
- If you own an asthma inhaler, please bring it with you on the day of surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications, you should take all of your medications according to your normal schedule unless the doctor has instructed you otherwise. Take with a small amount of water on the day of surgery.
- We look forward to treating you. If you have any questions or need clarification on any of these instructions, please call our office. We will be happy to assist you.